I have spent this weekend fighting off the dreaded lurgy, which is not surprising considering I have moved to a new city full of new germs and students, and that 90% of the people at work are going down with suspiciously flu-like symptoms.
My poor, battered immune system is doing its best, bolstered by thumping doses of echinacea and endless cups of tea, and so far I have escaped the worst. But this weekend I have slept LOTS and spent the rest of the time sniffing in a haze, feeling like I am hungover without the joy of a great night out the evening before!
Which is why I am not roasting this week either – my bed and more tea is beckoning. So I shall leave you with this awesome recipe I found on Flickr:
3 minute chocolate mug cake
- 1 mug
- 4 tablespoons flour (that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- optional: 3 tablespoons chocolate chips mini chips would be the best
- optional: 2 tablespoons walnuts (cut into small pieces)
- small splash of vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired
- serve it with custard or vanilla ice cream – yummy 🙂
Just the thing for when you’re feeling not on top of the world.