Gar at Rich. Gar I say! Damn that boy for knowing I can’t resist a good (or even mediocre) meme. I had this “don’t post anything – he’s being far too cocky” moment going through my head for about three seconds. No, five at the least. Then I kinda shrugged and went “what the hey?” One of these days we’ll actually coordinate schedules and I’ll make him buy me a cup of tea as an apology so all is good.
Time for more navel gazing (oh, for a pretty unscarred navel *sigh*) On with the meme.
Five Reasons I Blog
- I love to write – I’ve always told stories and written. It’s how I make sense of the mental and physical worlds which I inhabit. When I face a problem, I invariably sit down and write something, and by the end of that process I can frequently see my way clear. Writing is my release. Writing is my way into the world.
- I want to leave something behind – An incredibly maudlin thought, I will agree, but there it is. The chances of me ever having a book or something published are, sadly, rather slim. Bright Meadow is my own little piece of writing. Something to say “Claire was here”.
- I want to touch people – In a non creepy way I hasten to add. I love the idea that the words I’ve written in my little room in the eaves in Southampton are read all over the world. That people out there read what I have to say and… Have a giggle. To brighten someone’s day. That’s enough for me.
- I want minions – Adoring masses. I want them. I want fans. Positively oodles of devotees willing to do my bidding. I need love and adoration, damn it! Give it to me now!
- I was fed-up to the back teeth with “are you alive, Cas?” emails – Seriously, answering those things was just such a hassle. This way you just have to look at the blog. If it’s been updated that week, I’m alive and kicking. Longer than a week, then you can prod me.
And that’s five reasons why I blog. Are they the only reasons I blog? No. Are they the most important reasons I blog? Maybe. Ask me again when I’m drunk and see what answer you get then 😉
I tag… Ooooh:
Girl Dates London (she might be reading this, who knows?),
Tammie just because,
Roro because I’m turning into a serious groupie-stalker-fan and I want to know!
And Jay because he’ll grumble if I leave him out.